Wednesday, January 2, 2008

US Postal Service, neither rain nor snow...

So the other day I go to the mailbox as is typical when I get home from work. I would say about 1 time a month or maybe less we get a piece of mail for one of my neighbors. I don't think that is a bad amount.

The most recent takes the cake.

Come to find out about 5 houses down from me lives someone who retired from the U.S. Postal Service.

So when I check the mail, in it is an incorrectly delivered piece of mail from the U.S. Postal Service Retirement Organization. If there was one piece of mail you would think they could deliver correctly, it would be mail to former compatriot about their retirement. So I enjoyed that little moment of irony. That the US Postal Service is not discriminating about what the don't deliver properly.

1 comment:

Bubbernem said...

How about them Dawgs? Georgia and Mississippi State! Even the US Postal service can't screw that one up.

If you think you have it bad, you should come live in my neighborhood. I live in a subdivision where we share a community mailbox. Our woes range from getting a neighbor's mail to getting mail for people in different zip codes; getting mail one week late to not getting mail at all. The more important it is, the less likely we are to get it. We have even received medicine that had been opened. By opened, I mean the bottle, not just the package; and they had the nerve to put a rubber band around it and put it in our mailbox.

On the good side though, if you use your debit card at the post office, you can get cash back! Last time I was there I asked for a massage. They haven't gotten quite that sophisticated yet.