Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sgt. Barry Sadler is my Home Boy

Ok, most of you know I am a bit of a sports geek. My darling wife is a literary, music type of girl so when we play Trivial Pursuit it is pretty much a battle of attrition. I get Yellow, Blue, Green and Orange (History, Geography, Science and Sports), she gets Pink, Brown, Green and some Blue/Yellow (Entertainment, Arts and Literature and the others).

So tonight, partially because we were horribly bored with the same old same old (scanning Tevo), partially because of the writer's strike and partially because we just plain need to spend more non TV/Internet time together we decided to play Trivial Pursuit.

The first game was rolling along in typical fashion. I was doing well rolling all over the board looking for Roll Again and Orange Sports Spots to keep my turns going, till inevitably I had five pies and needed Pink to fill the pie and then of course to win I would have to answer another pink.

Then fate Smiled on me with the following two questions in succession on Pink (And Nathan will love the first one):

Q: What artist had a 1966 hit with Ballad of the Green Berets?
A: (And I love this song) Sgt. Barry Sadler

and then...even better....

Q: What name was given to the genre of Italian Cowboy movies (or something like that)
A: Spaghetti Westerns.

For me it doesn't get much better than that on Pink in Trivial Pursuit. Maybe something about Snoopy....what was Snoopy's buddy bird's name or something. So Barry Sadler, this Bud's for you. Oh and I lost the second game so the Ramsey family ended 1-1. BTW, watch out for us as a team, we won't lose. 8-)

5 comments:

Bubbernem said...

You know what they say..." a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone". So what was that dang bird's name? Or was it even really a bird? Next time just tell her "MILK ON THE CEILING" and it will really get interesting.

Anonymous said...

Nice reference......brings back memories.....Macon, beer, pizza, nachos and the guitar.

Jennifer said...

Two words for Bryan and Nate: Boris Karlov.

Jennifer said...

Dude, seriously. You've got to write another post at some point. We hardcore fans are getting restless.

Jennifer said...

Dude, seriously. You've got to write another post at some point. We hardcore fans are getting restless.