Friday, April 4, 2008

Size does matter

Ok, I realize I have not posted in something like 2+ months. I have no real excuse other than laziness, but in my defense I was sick from something like a month. Nothing major serious, just a cold/cough that was annoying and made me just want to sleep.

So I am back...

So what has gone on in the last couple months.

I went to San Antonio for a conference. I think it was my first time there. We lived in Texas when I was little (maybe 1-2 years old) but obviously didn't remember it.

Mostly work on the trip, but knowing the famous landmark of the city, besides the Riverwalk, the Alamo was in the middle of downtown, I did go in search of it. When I found it, I had an immediate reaction of, that can't be it, its really small...My guess/estimate is that the front of the building is maybe 35 feet tall. I mean if your life depended on keeping thousands of angry Mexicans from killing you, wouldn't you want more than 35 feet of stone and brick work in their way. No wonder Davey Crockett and others bit it there.

So anyways, I will close with a funny story from Jenn's travels with Good News TV about the Alamo. (Jenn - No corrections on facts, I am paraphrasing and generalizing for time and convenience) Jenn used to travel 100 days a year with Good News and many of the crew members were high school and college interns and summer help. On a trip to San Antonio, they stayed in a hotel right downtown near the Alamo. They left the hotel for dinner on the first night and walked outside. Immediately outside the lobby, they realized they were right next door to the Alamo. The immediate reaction of one future brain surgeon, "Why did they put it so close to downtown." Wow, I'll be here all week, try the steak and don't forget to tip your wait staff, they work hard for you.

There is much more to talk about from the last 2 months, but for now, goodnight Internet.

2 comments:

Bubbernem said...

I hope we don't have to fight for it all over again. It really is kind of small when you think of how many people lived and fought there for as long as they did. That's a kind of dedication that today's society just can't comprehend.

Dorothy said...

Hi Bryan,
I'm so glad you're back. Do you have any idea how many times I've looked for a new post from you!!!