Friday, May 16, 2008

My God, I swear I am not high...

So, we had this American Idolesque talent contest at work and they bribed people into trying out with a $50 Best Buy gift card. Amazingly out of all the tryouts, I was one of 6 finalists, not sure how, I think it was some Equal Employment Opportunity thing or something.

Anyhow, here is my interview video that they showed before my performance...I am noting the following for the record:

1. I was not high, nor had I been in the immediately preceding 10-12 years. 8-)
2. I was actually dead tired. The interview was at 10 a.m. normally not bad, but it was 10 a.m. the morning after Jenn and I had flown back from Mexico.
3. The camera added 20 pounds. Lord knows I am starting a workout/diet routine tomorrow because I am no longer my svelte 215 pounds, that said, I'm looking a bit like Jared in this video. Horrid.

Enjoy. I think I might actually end up with a recording of the performance shortly, but for now, this is the best I can do. Oh and as for the results, I didn't win. A guy from the DC that rocked out La Bamba in Spanish as well as playing guitar won...he totally deserved it.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

8-)

Dorothy said...

Hi Bryan,
We loved the intro.....can't wait to hear the real song! Send it ASAP! We're sending the link to your blog around the world.
Love y'all

Bubbernem said...

I feel your pain "little" brother. I am actually closer to 215 than you are. The problem with that being that you are about 4 inches taller than me. All bathroom scales are evil and must die!

Bubbernem said...

O.K. Dude, enough is enough! It's time to get off your lazy cyber butt and start cranking out bloggage! I know that alot of this crap is silly, but that is how we over come all of the serious day to day BS that we have to deal with. Even if I were your only fan, (which I'm Not BTW)that in itself should be enough motivation to do a little creative writing. We really do miss it! Go Blog Dude!

Dorothy said...

Congratulations!! Not about the above post, but about the up coming "blessed event"! Take good care of your little 'mother-to-be'!
We love all three of you!