Monday, November 5, 2007

Coincidental fun note

While catching up on my Sports Illustrated reading tonight, I was thumbing through the 11/5 edition from the Red Sox win over the Rockies in the World Series.

Nice story on the Red Sox, but the interesting fact to me was a mention for my brother's alma mater, Osceola High School in Kissimmee, Florida, as well as my mom's alma mater, Fort Walton Choctaw High School in the same issue. The Osceola reference was in a high school football section about a big game with Lakeland High School. The fun note for me was that SI wouldn't lower itself to mention the OHS nickname. They are the Kowboys...yes, with a K. Anyways, the Fort Walton Choctaw mention was for a 14-year old swimmer in the Faces in the Crowd.

Meaningless to most everyone outside my family, but fun for me. 8-)

Cya folks...I promise I'll write more soon.

1 comment:

Bubbernem said...

Oh, So we're just family now. I see how you are. :-(